I have not been blogging lately and C reminded me today that I needed to update. I said in my last post that I would come back and talk about the last ultrasound so that is what I will do. Our morning started with the Interstate being shut down so we had to take an alternate route to the doctor's office. It took forever. We were late, but it was okay. We were so happy and excited to see our babies last time. When we went into the u/s room the tech's machine broke first thing. We waited patiently and they finally got it fixed. Thank goodness because we were going to be highly disappointed if we had to reschedule. We watched our babies up on the screen on the wall. They were jumping around, kicking their legs, waving their arms, it was truly amazing. They looked like babies this time with feet, arms, fingers and toes. You could see it all. They still had really strong heartbeats and you could see them fluttering away. The tech asked me what I had for breakfast that morning. It was of course Eggos, syrup and milk. No wonder they were jumping around, right? I can't express how amazing it is to see all that you can see on an ultrasound machine, but when it is your children up on that screen it is something special. No words can describe how happy I was to see them and to know that those were our babies. Those fingers and toes are going to look like our fingers and toes. Baby B had his or her lip puckering out and I said right away that he or she looked like C. lol. We wanted the tech to give us some kind of hint of what the genders might be, but she wouldn't even humor us. She said that it would be too much of a guess. We go back July 20th, which is now a week away, to try to find out genders and to see our sweetie pies again! We are counting down the days!!!
After the last ultrasound we also had the Ultrascreen test preformed. It tests for Downs Syndrome. We were happy to learn that it was negative. We have some family history of Downs and wanted to be prepared if that was the case, but it isn't. Thank God for the health of our babies. It involved a very detailed and long ultrasound and a blood test. It was not invasive. The lady doing the ultrasound became rather frustrated with Baby A. He or she wanted nothing to do with this tech. His back was facing us. He needed to be in the profile position. We tried everything to get him to turn. I got up and used the bathroom 2 or 3 times. I jogged in place, did squats, rubbed my belly, nothing worked!! The tech would take the ultrasound wand and bounce it up and down on my belly. It scared me at first, but I figured she knew what she was doing. The more frustrated she got the harder she punched on poor baby A. I felt so bad for him. He really just wanted to be left alone. I started to become rather stressed out. This lady didn't know what to do since she couldn't get him to turn. I thought I was going to have to come back the next day, but finally baby A turned for a few minutes. Thank goodness because I couldn't take her punching on him much longer. It was way too stressful. I was so happy it was over and happier that everything looked good. The babies were not as active on this day. They were more about taking it easy. After that appointment they needed to relax.
Does this Bump Make my Boobs Look Small?
16 years ago




So glad all is well!
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh about Baby A and the u/s tech. Our Alexander was NOT a fan of the perinatal tech who did our Downs/Trisomy 18/Spina Bifida u/s. He refused to get into a good position and she was so irritated. But, he was fine. And while it was scary to not "know" things right away, it also gave us a kick that his personality was so strong.
Again, so glad all is well!
It's about time for an update. I was just about put into action a hunt for you. (wink) Glad to know the LOs are doing great. Glad your LOs are healthy and perfect. God is an awesome God. Can't wait for your post next week. Hopefully I will be having my transfer on the 20th too. LOL
ReplyDelete