Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Baby shower


This picture was taken at my at home baby shower at 24 weeks. I know I am way behind. Since I was on bedrest my shower that was set in my hometown went on as planned since everything had been put together and I knew it was going to be a very cute, wonderful shower. Many details and hard work had gone into it. I think my friend Nikki had been planning it since the day we found out we were pregnant. She is so sweet and excited about the girls. There was no way I was canceling it! So everything went as planned. Instead of me opening gifts my mother, mother-in-law and niece opened a few gifts and greeted guests. I made a video thanking guests for being there and sharing my regrets for not making it. I was, of course, very sad not to make it, but the most important thing was keeping my girls safe. That is now my full time job. There was a video made of the entire shower and I will see it soon when it gets transferred to DVDs. We'll always have that.
Once that shower was over, the gifts were packed up and my closest family members and friends were invited to come to our house to celebrate with me. I was able to have a shower on bedrest. It was a wonderful shower and we got tons of cute girly things. A theme of our shower was to sign a children's book with a message instead of buying a greeting card. We got lots of wonderful books that we will be reading to the girls soon. I actually already read to them so they have already been put to good use. We are trying to make them smart and have them recognize our voices. There were too many gifts to mention. Avery and Alexis are blessed with many people who love and care about them.
To sum it up it was great to have my friends and family come to my home and share in this special time with me. We have had great support and love throughout this entire pregnancy. Now we are figuring out where all of this stuff needs to go. Yikes! When you get two of everything, you really run out of space rather quickly. It is a nice problem to have. Just knowing that in a few months we are going to be sharing all of these wonderful gifts with the girls is an amazing feeling. I can't wait to use the bibs, socks, diapers outfits and everything in between. I know I say this a lot, but what a blessing all of this is!!

4 comments:

  1. Looking good Momma!

    So glad you had a great turnout.

    Take care of yourself and those beautiful girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking beautiful! Yay for the baby shower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My shower was 2 weeks ago and I still have stuff that isnt put away! It is insane. We always joked that our house was too big but that was pre-baby items, LOL!

    My MIL had guests write out a prayer or message on a business card style card. They are so sweet to read. I love the idea of a personal message!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came here from "Our Life with Multiples" blog. I am so happy to see you are expecting twin girls after such a long struggle. I see your list of tests and evaluations, although I will admit that I do not understand a great deal of it :( it's long and filled with ":(" faces, so I can only imagine it was truly a LONG road for you and your husband.

    I think the ultrasound photos are great! Nothing like a profile shot! And Alexis' photo! My goodness, a full on face shot... how fun!

    I know bedrest must be emotionally/physically draining. You do what is necesssary for your children, right?!?

    I have a wonderful friend, Jamie. She had triplets after having fertility issues. I am sure you will find much in common with her :)

    http://rannilatriplets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete


DJ and CJ