Over the last 6 weeks I have been to the OB at least once a week if not more. At each appointment it is usually the same drill. I have my cervical length checked and the girls get a brief look. They usually check their fluid and heartbeats. Every four weeks they are supposed to check their growth. I love getting to see them week to week. I can't believe how big they are getting! I have really been able to see their growth with all of the appointments.
My cervical length seems to change from week to week. It has ranged from 3.2cm down to 1.8cm since my cerclage. When it got down to 1.8cm my OB put me on Procardia along with the Indocin that I was already taking. It has seemed to help. My belly doesn't seem so tense when I am on the Procardia. Since being put on it my cervical length has been 3.1cm last week and 3.2cm this week. :) We are very happy and comfortable with that measurement! I am sticking to strict bedrest. I think I have gotten better at this over time. At first I was tempted to do more than I probably should have been. For instance, when things fall in the floor I would bend over and pick them up. These days I just leave it for someone else to pick up or I pick it up with my toes! My toes are getting stronger and stronger. lol
We went to the doctor on Monday and got the "airhead" ultrasound tech. She is nice, but doesn't seem to have a lot of common sense. We have had her several times before. On Monday she seemed to forget how to use her machine on twins. C and I just gave each other that look. She couldn't figure out how to switch back and forth between the two. Kelly, my fav girl, had to come in there and give her assistance. Like I said we have been to this girl and she has scanned us in this exact room before. I guess she was really having a Monday. She ended up measuring the babies, which was not supposed to be done for another 2 weeks. We were happy to know where they were measuring. Two weeks ago Alexis measured 1 lb 14 ozs and Avery measured 1 lb 15 ozs. This week (I am now 27 weeks) Alexis measured 2 lbs 8ozs and Avery was 2 lbs 7ozs. They had grown a lot more than I thought they had! I knew my weight had been going up because I am eating a lot! I am trying to fatten them up as much as possible. She measured Alexis' legs and they were measuring into 29 weeks! She is going to have super long legs. Avery was in the 27th week so she is hanging in there. I think they both are going to be tall considering C and I. He is 6' and I am 5'9". We might have to cut the toes out of some of their outfits! I am so happy with their growth and feel really good about it all! I can't say how wonderful good news is! What a blessing!
Does this Bump Make my Boobs Look Small?
16 years ago




My oh my!! You are doing soooooooooo good!! Look at you girls!! I'm so happy! Keep doing whatever it is your doing! So happy for you Momma!
ReplyDeleteYAY! This is great news!!! I love it!
ReplyDeleteAnd keep strict on your bedrest- that is one of the greatest gifts you are giving the girls! I'm so proud of you!