Being on bedrest the past few weeks has had it's ups and downs. I think I am dealing with it rather well. I am trying to make the most out of it and keep a positive attitude. I am a happy person in general. It takes a lot to get me down. So far I have rolled with the punches.
The hardest thing is asking everyone else to do things for me. I am an independent person and have always done as much as I can for myself. I lift the heavy things, do the cleaning, cooking, some handyman stuff, etc . I enjoy doing things for myself. Now I just have to lay back and ask for those things to be done. C has been taking care of a ton of stuff, but my parents have been wonderful as well. Everyone has been sharing in the house work and taking me to the doctor since I have been going every week. I have also had many wonderful friends bring dinner, gifts and do house work as well. The support has been very uplifting and so appreciated.
I stay pretty busy in the bed believe it or not. I have my laptop so I can get emails and such. I still hate that my computer blocks my blog. That is why I don't update everyday. I read a lot, watch tv, write thank you cards, scrapbook, talk on the phone, nap, play with my kitties, eat a lot, etc. . That is pretty much a full day!! I also play music for the girls and read to them. Some days it is a magazine and other days it is a baby book. I want them to recognize my voice. Since I am not around a lot of people during the day I don't talk a lot so I have to make the extra effort each day to make sure they hear me.
Anytime I get down about my bedrest, I have to remember why I am doing this. Then I have a new spirit. I am always mindful of the girls and this is for their well being. I will do whatever I have to do to get them here safe and sound. I am happy right now to have shower and bathroom privileges, but I know that might not last. I am so thankful to be at home on bedrest. So many ladies have to be in the hospital for months on bedrest. That has to be rough. I am glad I get to sleep in my bed every night, be with my things, my kitties and near my girls room. I don't get to go in there everyday, but it gives me comfort to be in there where they will be some day in the future. I just hope that is a while in the future before they see it.
I am taking it one day at a time and thankful for each day. Another day of bedrest gives my girls the chance of survival. Nothing can be more important than that.
Does this Bump Make my Boobs Look Small?
16 years ago




Hey you. Your spirit is amazing! You keep that awesome attitude, and just know that your doing such an amazing job. You are doing the most wonderful thing for your babies, but I can imagine its hard!! Know I think about you so much. :)
ReplyDeleteGet back to me will you? Just go to my blog, and contact me..I wanted to ask you something. Its not terribly important, but just asap. :)
You are so strong and you are going to be one great mommy! Glad things have stabilized. You and your girls are in my thoughts! {HUGS}
ReplyDeletekeep up that thought and you will get through it: this is for the girls. It is such a small price to pay so that they will get the best start they can. That was the thought that kept me going: every day that I was on bedrest was a day they weren't in the NICU.
ReplyDelete