

Top picture is Alexis and bottom picture is Avery.
On August 25 we had our anomaly ultrasound. I was both very excited to see Alexis and Avery again, but also a little nervous that not everything would be perfect. Just a small fear. I felt good about the ultrasound going into it. C, of course, went with me. We had the early appointment of 8:45am. We got my favorite ultrasound tech, Kelly. She is the most delightful out of all of the techs I have met. She gets excited about the ultrasound and points out things to us. I would pick her every time if I could.
The girls looked great. In this ultrasound they check the heart, brain, stomach, bones and so much more. We were able to see all four chambers of the heart on each baby. It was amazing. We saw it all. Their belly's, bones, fingers, toes. I loved every second of it. Alexis showed us that she has a big belly and really long arms and legs. Her limbs measured a couple weeks ahead of what they were supposed to measure. That was not bad, but that tells us that she may be a tall one. Avery still had a very cute profile and showed us her pouty lips again. I think she'll have some big smackers. Probably, kinda like me. They moved around a lot and we got so many great pictures. I'll post some of those later. The main thing was that they were perfect!! Kelly said that it was an excellent ultrasound and we should be so proud. We were! It is always a relief to know that your babies are healthy. There are many babies out there that are not. I am sure we were both smiling ear to ear.
I then have to always have my cervical length checked. At our last appointment it was great, over 3.5cm. Kelly checked me out and I could tell she didn't have that happy look on her face anymore. I asked her what was wrong. She said that my cervical length was not where they would want it to be and my doctor would talk to me about it. I said okay and we waited patiently in the waiting room. We finally got to go back to the exam room and wait for my doctor there. My nurse told me that I was next in line and she would be in right away. We heard her pick up my chart from the door, but she never came in. She actually went and checked on other patients. We were getting pretty restless. Everything goes through your mind when something is "wrong". C and I sat and talked. I told him that I will probably have to stop doing so much, like cleaning the house. Yeah, I had no idea.
My doctor finally made it in and she immediately said that she was really concerned about my cervical length. It was only 1.7, which is extremely short. She said that she wanted me to go be admitted to the hospital to have a monitor put on to see if I am contracting. She asked me if I feel like I have had contractions and I haven't. My belly felt really, really, tight and I had been having terrible pain under my left rib and it goes through my back for weeks. She didn't think that it was anything, but just my muscles stretching. So, here comes the wheel chair and I go to the hospital right away. It was a whirl wind to say the least. I had many plans for that day, but those changed right away. Actually, the rest of my life changed right then. . .
The girls looked great. In this ultrasound they check the heart, brain, stomach, bones and so much more. We were able to see all four chambers of the heart on each baby. It was amazing. We saw it all. Their belly's, bones, fingers, toes. I loved every second of it. Alexis showed us that she has a big belly and really long arms and legs. Her limbs measured a couple weeks ahead of what they were supposed to measure. That was not bad, but that tells us that she may be a tall one. Avery still had a very cute profile and showed us her pouty lips again. I think she'll have some big smackers. Probably, kinda like me. They moved around a lot and we got so many great pictures. I'll post some of those later. The main thing was that they were perfect!! Kelly said that it was an excellent ultrasound and we should be so proud. We were! It is always a relief to know that your babies are healthy. There are many babies out there that are not. I am sure we were both smiling ear to ear.
I then have to always have my cervical length checked. At our last appointment it was great, over 3.5cm. Kelly checked me out and I could tell she didn't have that happy look on her face anymore. I asked her what was wrong. She said that my cervical length was not where they would want it to be and my doctor would talk to me about it. I said okay and we waited patiently in the waiting room. We finally got to go back to the exam room and wait for my doctor there. My nurse told me that I was next in line and she would be in right away. We heard her pick up my chart from the door, but she never came in. She actually went and checked on other patients. We were getting pretty restless. Everything goes through your mind when something is "wrong". C and I sat and talked. I told him that I will probably have to stop doing so much, like cleaning the house. Yeah, I had no idea.
My doctor finally made it in and she immediately said that she was really concerned about my cervical length. It was only 1.7, which is extremely short. She said that she wanted me to go be admitted to the hospital to have a monitor put on to see if I am contracting. She asked me if I feel like I have had contractions and I haven't. My belly felt really, really, tight and I had been having terrible pain under my left rib and it goes through my back for weeks. She didn't think that it was anything, but just my muscles stretching. So, here comes the wheel chair and I go to the hospital right away. It was a whirl wind to say the least. I had many plans for that day, but those changed right away. Actually, the rest of my life changed right then. . .




Oh sweetie. I have an incompetent cervix and mine is fine and then changes in an instant, which is responsible for 3 early deliveries. At our detailed anatomy survey, even with a cerclage in place, I was shortening and was admitted to the hospital (20w5d). I've been here almost 50 days and we are just taking it one day at a time.
ReplyDeleteWaiting for your update... Fingers crossed that all is well.