Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Today is Father's Day and it is C's very first Father's Day. C and I have been together for 13 years now. We have always wanted children. Since we were in high school we would talk about how many kids we wanted and what we would name them. There were and still are a lot of dreams. We never dreamed that it would take us this long to get to parenthood, but it has been well worth the wait to be blessed with twins. I don't remember if we wished for twins many years ago. I know that C has said in the past 2 years or so that he really wanted twins. I am so happy to give him his wish. A year from now he may be second guessing that decision when he is exhausted 24/7. lol

I know that C is going to make an excellent father. He is going to be the father I always knew he would be. He is so good with kids. He is not afraid to be goofy or act like a dork to get a smile out of child. I know that we will probably turn into 2 silly monkey's once the little ones get here. He is just already half way there. Along with being silly I think he will be serious too. We are probably going to be strict on our kids. C will lay down the law. He will also enforce lots of learning since he is smarty pants (in more ways than one). I can't leave out sports because 50% of our life is about sports. Right now it is all baseball. Boy or girl they will have to learn to like baseball or they won't see much of daddy. We already have about 5 baseball outfits waiting in their closet. He will be a well rounded dad. I can't wait to share our children with him. That will be a dream come true. I have always wondered what our kids would look like and soon I will find out. I hope that they have many traits that he has, both physical and with their personality. There are so many good things about C that I love and I know that I will love about our children. Being stubborn is not one of them, so I don't wish that on them. I am much more easy going and have an open mind. I wish them that from me. :)

I can't say how thrilled I am to be carrying the love of my life's babies. This is a dream that I have wanted for soooooooooo many years. I wanted this when I was really just a kid myself. We've come a long way baby! I love C so very much and can't wait to share the ultimate joy of raising two beautiful children with him. There were many times when I thought that I would never see the day of creating life with him. It broke my heart I think more for him than it did for me. I felt like I was keeping something from him along with his family. No one ever wants to feel at fault and he never once blamed me, but I faulted myself. I wanted to become pregnant, but had no control over it. Thank God that He had control over it and blessed us with 2 (I still can't believe it at times!) wonderful babies. They will be the greatest thing I have ever done and the greatest gift C has given me and I have given him. TWINS!!! Who would have thunk it 13 years ago!!!!! C, I love you. You have and always will be the love of my life. Happy first Father's Day!

2 comments:

  1. That was so sweet. You had so many dear things to say about your husband. Did you let him read it?

    ReplyDelete


DJ and CJ