For days, weeks, months and years I have been dreaming of the day I would get to shop for my own child. I have always bought baby gifts and more baby gifts for all of my friends and family who have had their own precious children over the years. It was always bittersweet. I would be so happy for the person having the baby, but to say that it was hard for me was an understatement. I wanted to buy my own baby clothes, have my own baby. I wanted to rejoice in all things baby. Baby showers were hard and at times I would try to avoid them. It was a way to keep my heart from breaking or for getting the same old questions" when are you and C going to have a baby?" Here is a word of advice for anyone and everyone, if you know someone who has been married for a little while and they don't have children don't assume they are not trying. Answering those kinds of questions is difficult to talk about and to bring it up in a crowd of people is always a no no. I know people mean well, but it doesn't always come over that way.
Christmas was always the hardest because everything revolves around children. C and I would always sit back in a corner and watch all of the kids open their presents year after year. We would come with a truck load full of stuff and leave with nothing. Not that gifts is what I wanted, I just wanted a baby to share that joy of seeing him or her opening gifts or imagining them wearing the cute outfits. I hadn't planned on buying a lot of stuff right away since finding out that I was pregnant, but when something is meant for you, you just know it. I was walking through a store the other day and this little outfit caught my eye. It says "Little Miracle" and has a little kitty on the front. If this wasn't made for me I don't know what was!!! Hello, Where's my miracle?!!! He or she or both are on their way!!! Of course, if it is just a boy or two boys then they will not be wearing this outfit. lol!!! I had to get it not knowing what we are having. It's just perfect for me. I hope that we have a little girl someday who can wear whether it be now or years down the road. Either way my miracle(s) are on their way and I was able to buy this outfit for my own baby. We have reached another milestone!




I think that is great! With each pregnancy, we have bought an outfit for the baby/babies. It's so nice to have them now. Sometimes, I just hold and smell them. We think of them as handmedowns to the next child, but they are always "So-and-so's" outfit.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your first purchase!
Cute outfit!
ReplyDelete