Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. My sickness is still with me and stronger than ever the past couple of days. There are good things and bad things from that. The good things are that my body is still producing lots of strong hormones so our little Sugar and Spice are growing like they should. The bad thing is that I am sick and that makes life hard. I feel like I say the same old thing over and over. People always say "how are you feeling" and my response is "sick". Their response is one or the other. Either they had terrible sickness too or they had nothing at all and can't relate. If I hear one more person say "I felt better than ever when I was pregnant" I think I'll finally throw up. I am so happy for the large majority of you people out there that got to forgo this feeling. If I could share it with you I would. You can see how it is to live morning, noon and night feeling like you are so hungry you could eat the sofa, but then when you start to eat the sofa you dry heave so hard that it brings tears to your eyes. Once you get a bite or two down you think that it is going to come up any second. At this point you have a huge lump in your throat, which is the last bite you took because it won't go down thanks to very slow indigestion. It is an endless process.
I knew that pregnancy wasn't going to be easy, but no one really told me about all of the gory details of what you body does and all of the ugly functions you have to have to experience on an hourly basis. For instance I ate about 2 hours ago and I have been burping that meal ever since, plus my chest is on fire even though I have taken heartburn medicine. Burping for two hours! That is nuts especially since I maybe had 5 bites of something. I am just amazed in the change in my body. I think maybe this is preparing me for motherhood. I feel worn out all the time, I get up through out the night now to pee or to take medicine, I am skipping meals, etc. I think that is why pregnancy is so hard. You need to be prepared for what is to come. My Sugar and Spice are prepping me rather well. By the time they get here I should be good and ready. I just hope that I can have a few easy days or at least some days without sickness. I want to remember what it is like to eat a normal meal again without all the after effects!! lol!
I go to my OB tomorrow for my next ultrasound and exam. I am really looking forward to seeing how the little ones have grown. My belly has grown so I know they have as well. :) Plus they have kept me too sick not to have gotten bigger! I am hoping that they both look like a baby tomorrow instead of a penny. Don't get me wrong I loved seeing my penny's with a heartbeat, but it will be even more exciting to see them in the shape of a human. I will post more pics when I get them. Love em', love em', love em'!! No matter how sick I get I still am so grateful for them each and everyday. I just wish I could be like so many others and feel better than ever. I am happier than ever, just not feeling the best. Oh well, I take the bad with the good.
Does this Bump Make my Boobs Look Small?
16 years ago




with our first twins, i was sick constantly. with our single, it was a little less. with these twins not so much. so it may get better- in this pregnancy and in your subsequent ones.
ReplyDeletegood luck with your next appt!!!
(((HUGS)) I hope you feel better soon. It is so worth it, isn't it? Post pics of your LOs today and update us on your appt. (smile)
ReplyDeleteoh honey! i am so sorry. i have just had a little of what you are going through and i know how miserable i have been, so i can't imagine how you must be feeling.
ReplyDeletehave you tried the Sea Bands? they are really supposed to help with the constant nausea. feel better soon!!!