Wednesday, May 13, 2009

TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sugar and Spice are still both growing strong!!! Twins!!!! Amazing!!!!! We saw one sac then another!! I just knew it. Yay!! We are so excited!! Just when you think that you can't get any more excited, then you do!!! If I could do a cartwheel or a back flip I would! We also saw and heard both heartbeats. Both were very strong. The first one was 124 beats per minute and the second one was 127 beats per minute. Both babies measured 6 weeks and 1 day. That is one day behind of what I actually am, but still great! As long as they measure within a week of what they are supposed to is good. The picture above is a little fuzzy because C had to take a pic of their picture. It is clear that both are there! Beautiful!!!!!!!! I've never seen such a beautiful ultrasound!!! I didn't cry at the ultrasound. I was just too happy to cry. I was smiling ear to ear and still am.

To say that I am grateful would be a huge understatement. To think about all of doctor appointments, testing, negative pregnancy tests and all of the heartbreak would lead us to this day. Our journey has been one that has been on a winding path of ups and downs. It has been full of prayer, anger at God, not understanding "why" and thinking that this day would never come. I have said before that I always wanted to be a mom. It was a life dream. I never had a dream to be a teacher, a doctor or really any profession, but I did always dreamed to be a mom. I did question God and not get why I couldn't have my dream fulfilled. This journey that we have been on has been leading to this day and I know that God was the one directing us all along. He was there at the worst times and He is here today at our best. We wished and prayed for one baby and now we are going to have two. That can only be God. No matter what doctor we saw or what procedure we had done doesn't really matter if it is not God's will. These babies are God's will. These are the babies I have prayed for all of my life and I know that so many others have as well. God answers prayers. These babies are living proof of that so to say I am grateful doesn't seem like enough. I shall live the rest of my life and say thanks everyday.

"For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him."
1 Samuel 1:27

7 comments:

  1. I knew it!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great news! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! We've known both times we were carrying twins too... Must be God giving some 6th sense! With those heartbeats, I'm going to guess boys based on previous experience (both our sons were much slower (in the 120s) than our daughter (150s-60s)). I was so nervous when I didnt see anything last night, and am just thrilled to hear all is well! Congratulations! We are on the twin journey together this pregnancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you might be cooking two!!! Congratulations x2! What wonderful, wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am soooooooo excited! You are all so BLESSED! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete


DJ and CJ