Monday, March 16, 2009

Here I am

Here I am, right where I thought that I would never be, infertile. This journey has been one that has so many ups and downs, more downs than anything else. At times I was unsure if I could make it through another day. Dealing with infertility teaches you a lot about life and about the people you surround yourself with. I felt that it was my birthright to have a child of my own, but I learned too soon that is not the case. We take for granted so many things in life and this was one that I always took for granted. I guess the joke's on me. I had my life planned out. C and I would finish college, get married, then have a few children. The first portion of our story has come true, but we are still waiting on the children. It is hard not to plan, but maybe I should have just let things come as they see fit. There are so many should have, could have, would have thoughts when dealing with infertility. I try not to have regrets, but it is human nature to wish you could change your past. I am not sure exactly what I would change, but I would make some changes.
On my first gyno appointment when I was 18 I asked a question that now haunts me. Maybe I always knew something was "wrong". I had no idea then that I suffered from endometeriosis. I remember asking after the exam that "there shouldn't be any reason that I would have problems getting pregnant" and she said "absolutely not!" Little did she know, right! I remember hating going to the gyno and being poked and prodded. It was terrible. I guess that it is still terrible, but I have gotten used to it. There has been so many doctors and so many tests you just get used to it being the norm. So I really don't care to hear people complain about going to the gyno. Get over yourselves. You could have it a lot worse, trust me.
I am writing this blog to help me deal with things and to get some things off of my chest. It is a form of therapy for me. I don't mean to offend anyone or hurt anyone's feelings, so if I do forgive me or stop reading it. This is something that is all about me and the road that C and I are traveling. There will be good times and bad times. Prepare yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Girl!!!

    I love your introduction.

    You are just too cute in that pic!

    To get more readers you can give your info to cyclesistas and stirrup queens (the links are at the bottom of my blog)

    I pray that this journey ends soon for us!

    ReplyDelete


DJ and CJ