I got an email this morning from my RE's office. The IVF coordinator said that I would get the full report from my doc on Thursday, but for now they wanted to tell me that my right fallopian tube is fine, however my left fallopian tube has some adhesions and/or hydrosalpinx. I need to go on antibiotics to counteract that. Since I am no doctor I ask what the hell is hydrosalpinx? Between the time that I googled it and her last email I learned that it is basically a fluid filled tube that could cause an infection. There was also a terrible description about being "sausage like". That freaked me out. I know my tube is messed up, but can we please use another term? I don't want to think of raw sausage as a part of my body. Yuck! No sausage for a while. This should not interfere with the IVF cycle as long as I don't get an infection. I'll start the antibiotics today. I start another antibiotic on Thursday as the regular IVF protocol. Drugs and more drugs seems to be the story of my life.
I understand that my tubes may or not be blocked, but what I really wanted to know is what does my uterus look like? I was hoping beautiful, perfect and ready for embryos. That was the whole purpose of having the test. There was no mention about the uterus in the email. I was told that the doc would tell me more on Thursday so I just have to wait. Of course, I should have known. What was I thinking? More waiting, another huge part of my life, waiting.
So lets recap from the past. What a fun game this is. I had HSG in 2006, tubes were questionable, but was told not to repeat the test by OB/Gyn and I should be fine. (Right!) Referred to the RE. She said that no tubes were not clear from 06, went to surgery, then found out that tubes cleared themselves between that time frame. Found all the endo and got that cleared up. Had HSG March 09, left tube blocked. So between Aug and now I have been doing everything possible to become pregnant and the tube has been blocked. When can I catch a break? Soon I hope. This is disheartening. I know that the past is the past, but the past is still frustrating. It is amazing how fast that the body can become sick again. We have tried so hard the past 7 months especially. I guess I should just forget about it and move on. There is really no other choice. We can't dwell on the past or change the past . . movin' on to IVF.
Does this Bump Make my Boobs Look Small?
16 years ago




Sorry about the news...HSG is really for tubal issues and SHG is more for the uterine issues. I have had many SHGs because I have a history of polyps. Does your RE plan to still do the SHG? I know it can only be done on certain cycle days... UGH - so frustrating. GL!
ReplyDelete