Six, well maybe seven! We got 6 out of the 11 eggs to fertilize. There may be one more to add to the mix. Susan, the embryologist, said that she would have to keep an eye on him and let me know something on Thursday. So six out of 11 is good! We are happy! Susan said that one did not fertilize normally and the other three were old. I have old eggs?? They stayed inside me too long. She called them "mushy". We don't want "mushy" eggs! Susan wanted to emphasize that we are looking for quality instead of quantity. Who cares if we get 11, 15, or 30 eggs if they are just okay. We are looking for 2 great eggs and she feels that we have that. We are hoping and praying that our 6 or 7 keep growing so we can pick the top two and freeze the rest.
We have to wait until Thursday to get another update from Susan. I can't wait for Thursday. Tomorrow is going to be such a long day I just know it! I asked C earlier how was I ever going to make it through tomorrow? I dread it. I just want to know how my babies are doing. I think of them as my babies because they really are. If they were inside of me they would be my babies. I miss them and can't wait to have them back inside of me. I don't want them to be in a petri dish. I want them to be in a cozy home where they can feel love and nourishment.
The next major step will be the Embryo Transfer (ET). That will take place on Saturday at 10:30. A lot of people have asked what goes on then so I'll fill you in. It is actually pretty simple compared to everything else. Right now I am taking Progesterone in Oil shots in the hip to help thicken my uterus lining. I am also eating many slices of pineapple, which I can barely stand. The "best" part of the pineapple is the core. It is the hardest part and isn't tasty at all. It's takes all I have to chew. I would rather get 10 more shots rather than eat the pineapple, but I do it anyway. Yuck! When I go in on Saturday they are going to take some blood to check my Progesterone levels and I am sure some other things as well. They will put our two very best embryos into a catheter and insert them into the back of my uterus. They will hopefully find a wonderful warm cozy place where they can snuggle into for the next 9 months. We will be thrilled with one or thrilled with two. Whatever God's will is. We pray for one, but secretly hope for two, especially C! He would be on cloud nine with two. We will then freeze any embryos that are left. All I really am concerned with is now. I am not looking to the future. I just want two wonderfully strong embryos that we can cherish now. I hope that we have some make it to freezing, but not my main wish. Let's focus on one things at a time. All I am concerned about now is how my babies are doing. I can't wait for their update. How far away is Thursday?
Does this Bump Make my Boobs Look Small?
16 years ago




Great fert report! Thurs can't come fast enough for me either...
ReplyDeleteTips & tricks for PIO - warm the syringe in a heating pad for a min, ice your bum, inject the PIO slooooooooooooowly, massage the injection spot ASAP, sit on a heating pad.
GOOD LUCK!!!!
i echo the heating pad advice. i normally put the heating pad on before the shot and then put it right back on afterward. i've had good luck with only one lump. :)
ReplyDeletei know how you're feeling. i had a 3dt, so i only had one embie update, and it was torture making it through till my transfer. i just wanted to know they were ok! i hope your transfer goes smoothly!
Congrats on your six-maybe-seven! Your embryologist is right -- it only takes two (or really, one)!
ReplyDelete