Friday, April 17, 2009

One more day

We are now a few hours away from the embryo transfer!! This has been the longest day in history. I haven't had much of anything to do at work. It is beautiful outside and I can think of 100 other places I want rather be right now. Thank goodness that it is almost 5:00. Who am I kidding I'll leave before 5:00 with weather like this! I am much better today. Yesterday was somewhat scary. I kept thinking "this is not happening." " What if we have to cancel the transfer?" That would have been awful. God repaired my body and I am good to go. I have felt better today than I have all week! Happy, happy, happy!

Maybe it is the hormones or maybe it was my lack of food intake yesterday, but I got out of the bed last night at 12:30am and had a snack. I was so hungry!! I don't remember ever getting up in the middle of the night to eat. I couldn't sleep because all I could think of was food. My stomach was also doing that screaming thing. I thought it was going to wake up C. It was so loud! I ate my snack went back to bed and laid there another hour or so before falling asleep. I hope I sleep better tonight, but I doubt it considering tomorrow is one of the most important days of my life thus far. Who can sleep when your future depends on so much? I wish that I could have had a massage today. I was planning on getting one, but since I left early yesterday I hated to leave early again today. Maybe I'll get one next week. I am planning on doing some Yoga tonight to try to help me clear my mind.

It is hard to believe that the transfer is already here. It really does seem like that we just started the process. I'll be glad to get our babies back so that they can be with the mommy who already loves them more than anything else in the universe. It will be 3 days of complete laziness for me. I will be catching up on some Young and the Restless and maybe reading some books, which will help put me to sleep. I plan to nap a lot with my kitties. They will be thrilled! All I have to do is cover up with a blanket and all three are on top of me. They will have to be extra careful the next few days. I'm sure they will really understand that. :) If you have cats you know what I mean.

I'll update the blog tomorrow afternoon sometime. We are expecting everything to go well, but still desire prayers from all of you that read this blog. May God bring our miracles to life!

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck tomorrow. I had my egg retrieval yesterday and we had 11 eggs and 3 have fertilized. We hope to transfer on Tuesday. Enjoy your lazy days and I will think of you tomorrow. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping your transfer went so smoothly that you are home sleeping with your kitties, and the babies are all snuggly tucked in! Rest, relax, and grow those babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck tomorrow! I love transfer day - it is the best feeling, so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete


DJ and CJ