
Meet our babies, Sugar and Spice. The Embryo Transfer went as perfectly as it could have gone! Can you say cloud nine? That is where I am right now. I feel overwhelmed with joy and blessings! Susan, the embryologist, met with us before the transfer to let us know how the embryos were doing and what to expect. Our little darlings got the best grade that they give embryos, AA! Better than B, better than A, AA! What!!! She said that the were really "text book embryos." OMG!!! How wonderful that news was. I really had no idea that we would be making such perfect embryos! I was worried that they wouldn't even make it to today and get get that kind of news just sends your heart over the moon, which is where cloud nine is! When I think of all we have been through over the years and all the terrible disappointments we have faced, getting that kind of news makes this day that much sweeter. I just keep thanking God for protecting these babies and taking such good care of them.
After we got finished talking with Susan, I was prepped for the transfer. Not much really went on. I had to have a full bladder and boy did I have a full bladder! O my goodness I have never had such a full bladder! It took major concentration not to let loose! You will see in the end it was all worth it! I got undressed and the IVF coordinator took me into the transfer room. I didn't have to take any kind of pain meds or even Tylenol. It was a complete painless process. They take an ultrasound of your belly so that they can see the catheter going into the uterus to deposit the little embryos! We saw it all. I have to say it was pretty amazing! You could see my big bladder on the screen along with my uterus. The uterus looked itty bitty compared to my big ol bladder. The doc said "wow Deneshia you do have a full bladder and it is perfect!" With the bladder being full allows direct access to the uterus. No bopping or weaving for the catheter. It was a complete straight shot. There was no doubt about that. I did good! One reason I didn't have an ounce of cramping or any pain was thanks to that full bladder. Everything was lined up and I was concentrating on not letting go of all that pee so it was a good distraction! LOL! Susan brought the catheter in the room with our little sweeties in there, Dr. Bird inserted the catheter and we could see it going in on the screen. Amazing! C was, of course, right there holding my hand. It was a moving time for us both. We then seen a little white dot come out. That was it . . or so we thought! Susan has to check the catheter to make sure that both exited into my uterus . . nope we have a stubborn one! I said he's already like his Daddy! lol! We are calling that one Spice. Doc said that he was just extra sticky, which is not a bad thing! So we did the catheter again and we saw it go in again. We saw little Spice make his way into his new cozy home. Home at last!! Our Sugar and Spice both are home! Our doctor and the embryologist couldn't have been happier with the embryos or with the way my uterus looked or anything else. He said that he is very hopeful and will be praying for us too.
This day that was so important to us went better than we could have planned. If I have ever had a perfect day today was that day. I know that things have gone so well until that point, but we are no where out of the woods yet. I know that we have great potential to become pregnant, but nothing is guaranteed. I will still continue to pray for those sweet embies and hope that they are developing each day into a baby. A baby or babies that we can look in the eyes one day, hold their hands and cherish from this day on. I pray that God will continue to bless us as he has today and days past. I am so grateful and I feel so blessed. My cup runeth over and over.
We had 7 embryos to become fertilized. Unfortunately, two did not make it. :( That makes me very sad to know that they did not survive, but I know that there was some reason for that. Bless them for lasting as long as they did. They gave us great hope. We do have 3 left to freeze, which will not be done until tomorrow. Susan said that she thinks that only 2 will make it to the freeze. One is graded AA as well and the other one I believe is an A. Both are amazing and such fighters. Hopefully one day one or both will be a brother or a sister. I have a strong feeling that we will be using them in the future. Susan will call us tomorrow to let us know the final grading and how many were able to be frozen. Holding our hope for all three.




I am just so thrilled for you. I am praying that this road of IF is over for you. Everything was just perfect. Believe and Receive. Your story brought tears to my eyes. We are all praying for a sticky BFP. God got it and I have Faith. This is IT!!!!
ReplyDeletehurray!!
ReplyDeletec'mon sugar and spice!! settle in and get comfy and grow big and strong for mommy and daddy!!
d~good luck in the tww. it sucks. take care of yourself, rest, relax, think "grow baby" thoughts!!
i'll be checking on you!!
xoxo
Very happy for you and so glad to hear that all went so well!
ReplyDelete