There will be a lot of egg hunts today, but my egg hunt will be tomorrow. That's right, tomorrow is egg retrieval day. I went to the RE yesterday and he said that we were ready. I knew that that conversation would be coming, but it seemed surreal. I had no idea that it would be so soon. I am ready to get on to the next step so I am glad that it is sooner than we thought. I am trying not to be anxious or nervous. I know that things are going to go well and will continue to go well. There should not be any other thoughts in my head. Positive thoughts = positive outcomes. I can't wait to know how many eggs were collected and how many make it through fertilization. Hopefully tomorrow I will be tried after the procedure and will sleep a lot so that I don't have to think about it. I don't think I'll know how the eggs are doing until Tuesday. More waiting!!!
I don't know the official results from my appointment yesterday and I never can remember what all of the numbers were. Yesterday he was calling out one after the other so I really lost count. They have a very small staff there on the weekend so I don't know when the results will be posted. I still don't know the results from my blood test. My follies ranged from 20-12 and there was around 12 of them. There were still some that were less than 10, but I doubt that they will make it to maturity. Doc said that we should get 10-12 good ones. I am really happy with that.
Yesterday I had to do 5 shots. One dose of Ganirelix at 12:00, Follistim 225 at 3:00, 2 shots of Lupron at 8:15 and my HCG Trigger shot at 8:15. C had to give me the HCG shot. I have to admit I got a little nervous about that one. Number one because the needle seemed so long. This shot had to go in my hip so it looked like it would go to the bone! Yikes!!! Number two the shot was out of my control and my dear husband who hates medical stuff was giving it to me. Freaky!! He ended up doing it perfectly and it didn't hurt at all. He's much better than I gave him credit for. That makes me feel a little better about the coming Progesterone shots that he is going to have to give me starting Monday night.
Today is Easter. It is a very hopeful and blessed day. It makes you think about how many wonderful things are in the world and how blessed we are. I wish I could spend sometime with my family, but some people are sick so I don't want to run the risk of getting sick with a cold right now. With both of my IUI's I got very sick with colds and that was terrible. This is way too important to take the risk. C and I will be going to church this morning and then spend the afternoon at the house. We are going to go spend the night in Chattanooga tonight because we have to be there in the morning at 6:45am. Yeah that is way too early. My mom is going to go with us. I was afraid that I would not do well getting up so early and have all of that time to sit and think about the ER. I would make myself nervous. The less time I have to think about it the better. Plus I am a breakfast person and I can turn into a total witch if I don't have something to eat. C can attest. I won't be able to eat anything after midnight. I will be eating a late snack that is for sure.
I will try to post as soon as I feel well enough to let everyone know how things went and how many eggs we got. Thank you again for all of your support and love. We very much desire your prayers. We know that we can not do anything without God. Our prayer is that He would bless us with our miracle very soon.
Does this Bump Make my Boobs Look Small?
16 years ago




Tomorrow...ER...Wow....I am so excited for you. I can't wait to get an update from you. You right, only think positive...and that's what I am going to do....Positive thoughts = Positive outcomes. Praying that yall get a lot of eggs
ReplyDeleteLots of good thoughts for you! Everything sounds really good for the egg hunt!
ReplyDelete